Today on Radio Johnny Daniel Szuc speaks with Steve Baty and Janna DeVylder from Meld Studios in Sydney, Australia. Jana and Steve share insights about their presentations at the first annual UX Hong Kong conference, and what they hope others will take away from the experience.
When we design for an experience…there are qualities to that experience that we need to carry across – the feelings, the emotional side of things – they’re the bits that can be replicated in different types of environments. We need to use words and we need to describe qualities of that experience that can be carried across.
…creating the experience strategy creates benefit immediately. Let’s start to use our projects as way to actually be an example to a company that may not otherwise be thinking or operating that way… Let’s not wait until the perfect strategy is created before we actually do one.
We are seeing a greater focus on holistic experiences. Experiences that essentially cut across organizations, or represent the entirety of the organization rather than a particular channel.
Dan also asks Steve and Janna to share their insights about the future of the discipline, in addition to potentially new and interesting opportunities, that others are beginning to explore in greater detail.
* Learn about others who will be presenting at the first annual UX Hong Kong conference.
* Watch videos on Flickr that Daniel Szuc put together in promotion of the conference.
* Daniel Szuc talks about UX Hong Kong in a recent Radio Johnny episode.
* Core77 Article UXHong Kong 2011: Q&A with Daniel Szuc .
* Whitney Hess I Wish I Were Going to UX Hong Kong.
* Follow Steve Baty on Twitter.
* Follow Janna DeVylder on Twitter.
Thank you very much to our sponsors. If you would like to promote your organization on future episodes, please drop us a line!