Most people have now taken fashion seriously. You will find that people show more concern about what they wear and how they look. There are many fashion trends in this new generation. To complete your wear, you need to choose the right shoes.
Choosing the wrong shoes may spoil your whole attire, making your effort go to waste. Therefore you will have to be keen when deciding which shoes you want to wear. One of the vital factors in shoe-wearing is shoe size.
You should ensure that the shoe you choose fits you perfectly. Wearing oversize or undersized shoes can damage your image and end up having poor attire. Moreover, shoes that do not fit you can also negatively impact your feet and back. In addition, it can also hinder you from doing your activities effectively. Here is everything to know about shoe size.
Average Shoe Size
The size of a shoe depends on various factors age, weight, height, foot condition and genetic. In the US, men’s average shoe size of 20+ years is around 10.5 and a medium width. Worldwide, the most popular men’s shoe size is between nine and twelve. In countries that people get good nutrients, like the United States, the average shoe size might be higher. It is because of weight and height gain.
The Shoe Width When It Comes To Shoe Size
In shoe sizing, shoe width also matters. The shoe width gets measured around the forefoot. Around the forefoot is where your feet are at their widest. Some shoe brands do not provide customers with different shoe widths. Therefore, it becomes challenging to select shoes that are wider or narrower than average.
In the United States, most shoe brands provide customers with varieties of shoe widths. The shoe width ranges from the narrowest to the widest, and they use letters for labelling( AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, E, EE, EEE). The shoe width can also vary depending on gender. For males, the medium width is D, while for women is B.
How Your Shoe Size Impact Your Health
Feet is one of the parts of your body that perform a lot of tasks. Therefore you need to take good care of them since they are vital. Sometimes, you can even walk more than a thousand steps a day.
To prevent causing your feet any harm, you will need to choose the correct shoe size. You should know that by putting your feet at risk, you will be putting your whole body at health risk too. Studies show that between 63 and 72 per cent of the population wear shoes that are not the correct size. Here are some of the common foot problems that you might get from wearing tight shoes.
Corns And Calluses
Do you have corns and calluses and wondering where you got them? The cause of this problem is wearing tight shoes for a long time. They are thick hard layers of skin that develop on your feet due to pressure and friction from tight shoes. Corns form on the sides or tops of your toes while calluses on the bottom of your feet.
The problem of ingrown toenails occurs when the side of the toenail grows into the surrounding flesh. It occurs mainly to the big toe. Your toe will then swell and cause you pain. Moreover, it can also get infected and bring more complications. It can get worse, especially for people who lack proper blood flow to their feet.
When you wear tight shoes, you can start having enlargements of bones and tissue around the joint of your big toe. This foot problem is called bunions. The bunions can grow larger, making your big toe turn inward and press against your second toe, thus causing pain.
How To Measure Your Shoe Size
knowing your shoe size will help you to choose the shoes that fit you properly. It can be frustrating when you go to buy your shoes and end up buying an oversize shoe. To avoid this must therefore know your shoe size. You can use several ways to measure your shoe size.
One of the methods includes using a Brannock device at the store. However, you can also measure your shoe size at home. Before you start measuring your shoe size at home, you first need to assemble the necessary tools.
You should ensure that you have two pieces of paper larger than your foot, a tape, a writing utensil and a ruler. Before taking the measurements, you should first put on the socks you will wear with your shoes. Did you know that your foot is at its widest when the day ends?
Therefore you should wait until that time to take your shoe size measurements. Once everything is in order, you can now start taking your measurements. The following are the steps you can follow to measure your shoe size at home.
- The first thing you will do is to tape the paper on the floor. By doing this, you will prevent it from slipping when taking measurements, thus ensuring accurate measurements. You should also ensure that one end of the paper is against the wall.
- You will then put one of your feet on the paper with your heel against the wall.
- The next task is tracing the outline of your foot. To obtain accurate measurements, you will need to have someone else help you with the tracing. The one tracing the shape of your foot should avoid holding the pencil at an angle.
- Once you have a clear outline of your foot on the paper, you will measure the longest and widest parts using a ruler.
- You will then repeat the same procedure with your other foot on a new piece of paper. Once you finish, you will record your measurements in both inches and centimetres.
Finding The Correct Shoe Size In Shops
Getting and buying the proper shoe size that fits you might not be a simple task after all. Sometimes shoe sizing might be confusing. You may find that you are a size 10 in one shoe, a 10.5 in another and even shockingly a 9 in a different one. Finding the proper shoe size is a combination of pedial factors and knowing how to balance them.
Before you go to the store to buy your shoes, there are certain things that you should keep in mind. You should know that people in the store do not make shoes specifically for you. Shoemakers make shoes around a last. Therefore they make shoes on generic last shaped to fit a wide range of people. It means that no shoe will automatically fit you perfectly.
The second thing is you should ensure that you first survey the shoes that you already have. Doing this will help you know the sizes your wear in different shoe style and brand. Having this information while going to the shoe store will make it easy for the salesperson to guide you to choose the best shoe size.
Things To Pay Attention To When You Reach The Store
The following are some of the things to note when you reach the shoe store.
- The width and the flex point: One of the significant points you should ensure you get right is the width and the flex point. Before deciding which shoe to buy, ensure that the widest point of your foot fits width-wise. Moreover, it should also be in line with the flex point.
- The instep: Another factor that is worth your consideration is the instep. If you have a high instep, know that some shoes will not work for you.
- Materials: The shoe material is also another vital factor in determining your shoe size. The different shoe materials will break in and stretch differently.
- How you will use your shoe: Knowing the purpose of your shoes will also determine the shoe size that you should take. If you buy working shoes that you will have them on for an extended period, the sizing should allow comfort from the start to the end.
- The salesperson’s expertise: The last thing you should pay attention to is the salesperson’s expertise. It is one of the most valuable things to consider when buying your shoes from the store. You should rely on their advice and ask them as many questions as you can.
Does Intuition Play A Part In Determining Your Shoe Size?
Yes, it does. Intuition is one thing that you can rely on when choosing your perfect shoe size. Use your intuition to answer questions when the salesperson asks you how you feel or how comfortable you are. It would be best not to think twice about saying what you exactly feel.
You have seen how shoe size plays a significant role in your attire. Moreover, it can also impact your health life. Therefore, before choosing the shoes, you want to buy, ensure that your shoe size is correct. You should also ensure you pay attention to essential things when buying your shoes from the shoe store.
Before going to the shoe store, ensure that you go with crucial information like your shoe size. You can know your shoe size by measuring them at home using tape, pencil, paper and a ruler.
- Shoe Size Comparison Between Brands; Getting The Right Shoe Size
- Everything You Need To Know About Shoe Box Dimensions
- Are Skechers Good Shoes For Running? Find Out Now!
- Are Fila Shoes Good For Walking? Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- How Many Acres Is a Football Field?
- How to get creases out of shoes in 5 minutes or less!
- How Big Is an Acre?
- What is the Biggest Bra Size?
- 7 Reasons Why Comfortable Shoes Are Important
- The Definitive Guide to Keeping Your Shoes Clean