Amazon is undoubtedly one of the fastest-growing eCommerce businesses on the globe. Shopping on the platform is not only super easy and quick. They’re also a one-stop-shop for online shoppers seeking to purchase many items but prefer doing that from one platform.
Additionally, the addition of Amazon gift cards to the fleet of payment options have made shopping on the platform even swifter and more convenient. You can even purchase a bunch of items on Amazon and pay with your gift cards.
However, if you have gift cards but don’t fancy shopping with them, you can exchange them for cash on other third-party platforms. But note that Amazon won’t exchange your gift card for cash. Even when you return purchased items, they’ll only credit your account.
Now here’s the question many people have been asking.
Can you use Amazon gift card for Kindle?
Yes, you can use an Amazon gift card for Kindle. If you’re a book lover planning to read a wide range of e-books on Kindle, you can use your Amazon gift cards to achieve this.
All you have to do is redeem your gift card or promotional code before clicking buy. Your new balance will automatically be used to pay for downloads once your gift card has been redeemed successfully.
But have in mind that you can’t use an Amazon gift card to buy kindle subscriptions. These include newspapers, magazines and blogs. You also can’t use gift cards to buy other gift cards.
Keep reading for more details on this topic.
What Amazon Gift Card Is
Amazon gift card is simply a card preloaded with a specific amount of money and sent to a recipient for various purchases. It can be sent via email or post.
Upon collection, the recipient will redeem their gift card on Amazon and purchase anything within the stipulated amount. Amazon gift cards come in different types. Let’s have a look at them.
Types Of Amazon Gift Cards
Technically, there are two types or categories of Amazon gift cards: the e-gift card (which consists of email and shared link) and the physical gift card.
The e-gift cards:
This refers to electronic cards or digital cards, or virtual cards. They are just codes delivered using e-mails, SMS text, apps, and social media.
The e-gift cards can be sent almost immediately (makes a great deal for the last-minute approach), and it is way-billed free because it is electronically delivered.
Physical gift cards:
Unlike virtual cards, you can purchase physical cards from a designated outpost or retail points. You can get them online too.
How To Purchase An Amazon Gift Card
Are you seeking Amazon gift cards for a special occasion? Do you want to present them as gifts to your loved ones, team, family, and friends? You can order the e-gift or physical card online.
However, if you live in the U.S., you can get the physical cards from designated stores. Amazon users outside the U.S. can only purchase their gift cards online.
Follow these steps below to buy your Amazon gift card online.
- Firstly, log in to Amazon.com, then proceed to gift cards. If you don’t have an account on the platform, you can open one now. It’s simple and quick.
- Select the type of gift card you want to buy
- Choose or insert the preferred amount of money for your gift card.
- Select “Add to cart,” and then select “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Make available information of your payment for the purchase and proceed.
- Choose “Place your order.”
It is important to note that cancellation isn’t possible after placing your order for an e-gift card. So, think things through before hitting the purchase button. The reason is that your purchase occurred within a few minutes.
However, keep in mind that you can easily log in and change the order date if the e-gift card is programmed for a future date.
A Handy Tip: You can cancel the physical gift card order with ease. But that can only happen if the card has not been shipped out.
Customizing Your Amazon Gift Card
You can have the Amazon gift cards personalized to suit the user. Users can customize their gift cards based on special occasions, such as birthdays, wedding anniversary, graduation celebration, mother’s and father’s day celebration, and the list goes on.
Follow the steps below to customize your gift card. To add a custom video or image to a gift card:
- Proceed to “gift card.”
- Choose e-mail, SMS text or Print at Home gift card type
- Select the photo or video of your choice under the “gift card design.”
- Click on the browse icon to select the media you wish to upload
- Click on “change image” to select another file if you so want.
- You can also attach video via the same channel
- Fill in the remaining card details, and you’re good.
Redeeming Amazon Gift Card On The Kindle: Follow These Steps
Your kindle account contains loads of content like e-books, apps, and other items. You can purchase the content with credit on your gift card. When the gift card is redeemed, it links funds to the kindle device.
To redeem your Amazon gift card on Kindle, follow the steps below:
- Look for the claim code of the gift card. If it is an e-card, the claim code will appear as a message from Amazon. But if it is a physical card, scratch off the code on the back of the plastic card.
- Proceed to your account page on Amazon
- Sign in to your account and click on ‘Apply a gift card to your account
- Furthermore, enter your 16-character claim code on the column that says ‘Enter a gift card claim code.’
- Finally, click ‘Apply to your Account’ the card fund will automatically appear in the gift card section.
A Handy Tip: It’s not possible to pay for your Kindle unlimited using gift cards. The reason is that the Kindle unlimited happens to be a subscription service. Thus, it renews automatically.
Does Amazon Gift Card Expire?
There is no expiration date for an Amazon gift card. More so, you can use your Amazon account balance accrued from gift cards to purchase goods and services on Amazon without an expiration date too. This leaves you with great flexibility when spending your gift card balance.
According to the platform’s terms, gift cards issued after October 1, 2005 don’t expire. Only those issued before October 1, 2005, expire. But once redeemed into your Amazon account, it won’t.
Once you redeem your Amazon gift card, the amount automatically adds up to your Amazon account balance. You can use the available balance to make a purchase from the Kindle store. Furthermore, if your purchase exceeds your balance amount, you can top up your account via other means. You may also decide to continue your purchase and pay from your debit card.
It’s also important to know that Amazon you cannot exchange your Amazon gift cards for cash on the website. Amazon doesn’t permit that. There are, however, third party platforms that allow such exchanges, but you have to be extremely careful too.
- Can You Buy Gas With A Walmart Gift Card?
- Can You See Who Redeemed An Amazon Gift Card? A Must-Read
- Does Walmart Accept Samsung Pay? The Complete Truth
- How To Buy The Perfect Gift For Your Geeky Friend
- Amazon Shopping tips and tricks: Best hacks
- Does Petco Take Apple Pay?
- You Absolutely Need to Know These 6 Things About Banking
- Does Taco Bell Take Apple Pay?
- Does Costco Take EBT?
- Do I Have To Sign My Debit Card? What Debit Card Users Need To Know