Owning an iPad is a status symbol in itself. The moment ‘i’ is added to a product, be it a phone, tablet, or laptop, you know that it is going to be a high-end product with excellent quality. The only downside is that not everyone can afford it. If you are in the market for an iPad but cannot afford the high price, you have the option of purchasing a refurbished iPad which is just about the same quality and not as expensive.
Meaning of Refurbished
A second-hand gadget that is malfunctioning in some way or is damaged externally or internally can be repaired – or refurbished – to perform like a new device. These devices undergo rigorous cleaning, testing, and repair work to perform just like a new one. They can either be repaired by an official Apple-certified retailer or a third-party repair and service center. All the parts that are malfunctioning or defective are replaced by new ones. These devices are sold with a ‘refurbished’ tag and a slashed or discounted price.
Difference Between Second Hand and Refurbished iPad
You can either opt for a second-hand iPad bought directly from the user, or a refurbished one. In both cases, the usual wear and tear will be there. But then, there is a distinct difference between the two. A refurbished iPad always comes with some kind of warranty on either the repaired parts or the ones that have been replaced. In some cases, the entire iPad comes with a warranty. Experts over at WeSellTek can help you choose from a variety of refurbished iPads for the best bargain. This kind of assurance is not available with a second-hand iPad. If you buy a second-hand iPad, Apple will only consider repairs if it is under the warranty period. In case the warranty period on the second-hand iPad you bought has expired, you might have to shell out a hefty amount for the repairs.
Advantages of a Refurbished iPad
There are many advantages of buying a refurbished iPad instead of a new one.
Value For Money
Any Apple product is definitely going to burn a hole in the buyer’s pocket. Very few people can afford these high-end products. A refurbished iPad not only gives you all the advantages and features of a new Apple iPad but also suits all budgets as it can be bought at a cheaper price.
A refurbished iPad comes with a proper warranty if bought from a certified seller. The warranty options are the same as that of a brand new iPad. The difference lies in the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with the refurbished iPad. The warranty is a guarantee of quality for the product you are buying.
A Variety of Choices
Apple tends to stop producing the older version of their products once they have come up with a newer one. If for some specific reason, you want the older version, you can opt for a refurbished model of that version as that would be the only option available to you.
Checklist To Buy a Refurbished iPad
There are a number of things that need to be kept in mind while purchasing a refurbished iPad.
- Check and confirm the validity of the warranty available.
- Thoroughly inspect the physical condition that the iPad is in. Ensure that there are no cracks on the camera lens or the glass screen.
- Ensure that the iPad can be easily connected to a network by using a variety of wireless devices like Bluetooth, wi-fi, or cellular, and try out various apps with it.
- You can check the battery health by completing a battery cycle i.e. charge the iPad to 100% and then let the battery drain out to 0%. Perform this cycle many times.
- There are many different types of iPad available in different states of use and functionality. In any case, you can always get a clear picture of the iPad you are buying by looking up the reviews of the seller given by users.
- Most refurbished iPad sellers have a window of time within which you can return the item. During this return period, check the settings of the iPad and ensure that the product that you have received is the one that you have actually paid for.
- Every refurbished product has a quality grade that you need to look for. Mostly, you will find three grades; grade A, grade B, and grade C. Grade A products are almost as good as new.
A refurbished iPad will not only save you a lot of money but will also give you many of the same benefits that a new iPad does. But of course, before you finalize your purchase, there are a lot of factors to take into consideration. This article outlines all the advantages of purchasing a refurbished iPad along with all the points you need to keep in mind when doing so. It is always better to conduct thorough research to ensure you get the best value for your money.