Maui Wowie, also known as “Maui Waui,” is a classic sativa marijuana strain that first made its way to the market in the 1960s. Being a naturally occurring strain, its exact genetics are still unknown to this day.
However, it is considered to be a cross between Hawaiian and a hidden strain that is unknown even to the producers. Place an order on weed.com online store right now to get your lab-tested Maui Wowie Delta 8 at a discounted price.
When it first made it to the market, Maui Wowie was known to be one of the most potent strains, with a relatively high concentration of THC compared to other strains available at the time. It stayed right at the top spot for over one and half decades. However, eventually, different strains, such as Sour Diesel, caught up to its high THC profile thanks to intensive selective breeding.
Today, Maui Wowie is considered to be a middle-grade strain that offers almost instant sativa high followed by relaxation and increased creativity. Read on to know more about Maui Wowie and how it affects the body and mind.
What Is Maui Wowie, And What Are Its Effects?
Maui Wowie originated as an open-air growth somewhere in the volcanic soils of the Hawaiian island of Maui. Therefore, it carries a tropical taste filled with a delicious pineapple flavor backed by a pleasant citrusy aftertaste. Its popularity quickly spread around mainland America thanks to its ideal properties, sweet taste, and fruity aroma. Today, Maui Wowie stands among the most popular high-end strains, with an enormous following coming from around the world.
As for the effects, Maui Wowie delivers a subtle sativa high filled with high-energy euphoria followed by relaxation and sereneness, allowing you to transcend into a peaceful and creative world of joy and excitement. Overall, Maui Wowie can be a good hemp flower for anxiety and triggers a series of healthy sensations with the following health benefits:
- anxiety and stress relief;
- chronic depression relief;
- chronic pain relief;
- heightened appetite;
- migraine relief.
How Strong Is the Strain Compared to Others?
As stated, Maui Wowie used to be one of the most potent strains when it was first discovered, with a high THC level. However, nowadays, it falls in the middle tier compared to other strains you can buy in the market.
For instance, the Jet Fuel, Strawberry Cough, and Pineapple Express are one of the most potent strains on the market. All three have a THC level clocked near 30%, followed by a mild concentration of CBD extracts.
Therefore, when we compare the available levels of THC in other strains with the THC profile of Maui Wowie, it becomes clear that it indeed is a middle-grade strain.
What Are the Potential Risks Associated With Using Maui Wowie?
Scientific evidence suggests that marijuana strains, including Maui Wowie, can be a helpful tool to fight different mental and physical issues such as fatigue, depression, and anxiety. However, like any other cannabinoid-containing product, it can also have its side effects.
Below is a list of the four most common side effects of continuous consumption of Maui Wowie:
- Dry mouth. A well-known effect of Maui Wowie which can be pretty uncomfortable. It has happened to all of us that after smoking, our mouth has become drier than the sole of a shoe. THC decreases the production of saliva and other mucous membranes, so it is advisable to hydrate well after consuming Maui Wowie to avoid having this side effect.
- Red Eyes. It can often be a telltale sign of recent Maui Wowie use. This effect varies greatly, depending on each consumer, and is due to the dilation of blood vessels produced by THC. The redness passes after a short time and does not usually cause more discomfort than revealing that the person is high. Eye drops can be used, but overuse should be avoided.
- Hunger. For some, the urge to feast on food triggered by Maui Wowie’s use is a positive part of its effects, but for others, it can be seen as an unwanted effect. There are few solutions for this effect, but like the rest, it disappears in a short time.
- Drowsiness. Despite being considered a sativa strain, Maui Wowie triggers deep relaxation and a sense of drowsiness. This might be the most sought-after effect for some users, but for others, it is an associated drawback.
Overall, Maui Wowie is a nicely balanced strain, delivering a variety of effects. It is an ideal option if you are looking to get a burst of energy to unlock your thoughts, followed by a prolonged session of calmness and relaxation that lets you drift into a creative world. Besides, its sweet taste and fruity aroma are indeed a treat for the users.