A mix of slots and bingo, the game Slingo, was created in 1994. It was made by Sal Falciglia Sr, a real estate developer from New Jersey. He also founded Slingo, Inc. to market games based on it.
Initially, it was just a fun game but its popularity grew over time. It was then realised that it could be combined with a chance at winning real money.
It was sold to RealNetworks in 2013 for $15.6 million. This number alone is an indication of the game’s popularity.
Slingo was then bought by London based Gaming Realms in 2015. It is now a popular game in the UK as well.
It is available at multiple online casinos in its 12 iterations. For beginners, there’s also the option of a Slingo demo to learn the basics of the game.
How to play Slingo
Slingo is a straightforward game to understand for anyone who has played either Bingo or Slots before. It is actually a spin-off from the 75-ball Bingo, which is the most popular version of the game.
The game has a grid layout like traditional Bingo.The difference however is that Slingo has a 5×5 grid. In Bingo, it is usually a 5×3 grid.
A reel under the grid shows numbers to match on the grid. The player spins the reel to reveal matching numbers on the grid.
The number of spins allowed depends on the credit balance. In general, 20 spins are available.
How to win the game
Once five numbers in a single line are matched, the player wins a Slingo. The line can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.
For each Slingo won, the player moves up the prize ladder. The prize ladder works differently from game to game.
The goal is to win as many Slingos as possible before running out of spins. If all the 20 numbers on the grid match with 20 spins of the reel, big cash wins are possible.
It is also possible to buy additional spins, if players choose to continue playing even after the initial spins are exhausted. These top-ups can be costly however.
Good judgement is required here. If a player is close to winning, an additional purchase might be worth its while, but maybe not otherwise.
Bonuses and Special Symbols
The game is made exciting with bonus rounds. The number of bonuses available varies across games, though typically winning five Slingos unlocks a bonus.
Besides bonuses, special symbols keep Slingo entertaining too. These represent different actions for players. The most common ones are:
- Joker – The symbol allows players to mark off any number in the column it makes an appearance in. Players can win a bonus if three jokers appear in a spin.
- Super Joker – This symbol allows players to mark off any number from the entire grid.
- Free spin – As the phrase suggests, this symbol is a bonus spin round.
- Gold Coin – This means a cash prize. It can also increase the score by up to 1,000 points.
- Devil – This is a block symbol, which stops matching the column where it appears. Players can also lose up to half their points when the devil appears.
Get started with the Slingo demo
Before getting started with the game, it is a good idea to learn more about the game. This helps in getting to know how the game is played and even formulating some winning strategies.
The easiest way to get started with Slingo is with the Slingo demo at Megaways Casino. Players don’t need real stakes to get started with this version.
Anyone who signs up for the online casino can avail of this opportunity. All that’s needed is to hover over the game title and click on ‘Demo Mode’.
Once a player is ready to play with real stakes, there are plenty of Slingo variations available at the Megaways Casinos. It hosts 10 themes of the games from ‘Rainbow Riches’ to ‘Starburst’.
Further, there are more choices available across various casinos too. It needs to be noted, however, that while the broad idea is similar, it is best to know the rules for each of them.
Best games for beginners
According to the game’s website, Slingo Riches and Slingo Extreme are recommended for beginners. These help in familiarising players with the game while enjoying it at the same time. Their key features are as follows:
- Slingo Riches is one of the most popular versions of the game. It gives 11 spins at a time and all the key symbols make an appearance too. Probably the most exciting aspect is that it gives players a chance to win up to 200x the stake.
- Slingo Extreme raises the bar with a fiery theme and a matching soundtrack. It comes with a chance to win up to 500x of the original amount.
Why play Slingo
The game has come a long way from the time it was created. Many companies have seen its value and popularity. Online casinos host myriad versions of the game.
Slingo’s simple features that combine the thrill of both Bingo and Slots mean that even beginners can play it. Slingo demos are also available to try the game out without any cash risk.
It helps in getting to know things like grids, lines and spins as well as special symbols and its prize ladder. Once learned, players have the opportunity for real cash wins.
- What Games Can You Play With Online Casino Bonuses?
- Top Types Of Online Gambling You Should Play!
- Online casinos for beginners
- All You Need to Know About Online Casino Bonuses
- What Does Game, Set, And Match Mean In Tennis?
- How to Avoid Being Manipulated Into A Bad Online Casino Bonus
- Slots With and Without Saving Game Session: Pros and Cons
- How the Wheel of Fortune-Type Mechanism Has Made a Casino Comeback
- Play Online Roulette in a Few Easy Steps