Things have changed quite a bit for sports bettors in the US over the years. More states have joined the online betting bandwagon as others continue the journey toward offering legitimate online sportsbooks for their residents. At present, these are the states that currently don’t offer legal sports betting options in the US:
These aren’t the only states yet to legalize sports betting. Some regions have made the necessary proposals to get the ball rolling in favor of sports fans. So, it’s just a case of waiting to see what happens and when.
If you’re a bettor in the states listed below, change might be on the horizon.
- South Carolina
- North Dakota
States With Special Sports Betting Regulations
There are also a few states that have legalized sports betting, but for one reason or another, either they haven’t launched, or there are some restrictions. These regions include:
- Florida – This state has approved sports betting. But legal issues between the state and Seminole Tribe have stalled progress. Court proceedings are underway to determine the way forward for Floridians.
- Oklahoma – Legislators have approved sports betting, though efforts to get thing started have failed so far. But residents remain hopeful that things will change in 2023.
- Wisconsin – This state has only legalized retail betting at Oneida Nation’s locations. You can also indulge in mobile betting at these venues.
- South Dakota – Though legalized, residents in this state must bet at physical destinations within the region. There are also no mobile sports betting options currently available.
- New Mexico – Though legal, this state’s laws leave things a bit unclear for everyone. But, the Pueblo of Santa Ana tribe has sportsbooks located within the Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel and some tribal casinos in the region.
- Massachusetts – Although sports betting has been legal since August 2022, it’s yet to launch. Some restrictions are also expected, like the inability to bet on in-state college games unless at least four other teams are in the tournament.
For most residents in these areas, sports betting takes only a small portion of their free time. That’s especially for those who are only fans of specific events. So what can you do to stay busy? Playing casino games is an excellent option since you get to enjoy the same thrills as sports betting.
Casino Games Played By Sports Bettors
Online casinos these days offer plenty of gaming options to their members. Besides the virtual varieties like slots, specialty options, video poker, or table and card games, live dealer titles are also available. These are often table and card variants streamed from the software developer’s filming studios. So you get some interaction with the dealer and a more immersive experience throughout your gaming session, unlike with virtual games.
What you choose to play as you wait for the outcome of your sports bets depends on what you prefer while online. But in most cases, sports bettors levitate toward the live dealer selection more than ordinary casino fans. Perhaps the appeal comes from enjoying wagers made on a real event rather than a computer-generated game, making it similar to sports betting. Whatever the case, here’s a look at the online casino gaming selection based on which options are popular with sports bettors.
- Live Dealer Games – Live releases garner the attention of more than 45% of the country’s sports betting population that like casino games. You’ll find live variants of blackjack, poker, roulette, baccarat, craps and more. Depending on your preference, look for sites with a wide assortment of what you desire. For instance, roulette players need to look for live roulette sites for US players rather than online poker rooms.
- Slot Variants – this gaming option’s next, taking the attention of over 38% of sports bettors looking for a change of scenery. Slots come in classic, video and jackpot varieties, offering a hassle-free gaming experience online.
- Virtual Table And Card Games – these are computer-generated versions of card and table game options like blackjack, baccarat, roulette and poker. They come in third place with a following of 7% of the sports betting populace.
The remaining percentage covers fans of specialty releases like bingo, video poker, scratchcards, keno and dice games.
When To Visit An Online Casino
The great thing with technology is that these days, most gambling sites house casinos, sportsbooks, and live casinos on one platform. So you won’t have to leave your favorite sportsbook to enjoy some online casino games. With one user account, you can access every section of the site, making it also easier to track your betting and transaction history whenever you need to.
Once you’ve made all your pre-match bets and checked the schedule for live games, you can enjoy a few gaming rounds at the casino. It could be until the live event you’re waiting for starts, or as long as you’d like depending on how free you are. Online gambling sites have no restrictions when it comes to when you can play casino games. All options are within your reach 24/7, 365.