Let’s learn about the travel-inspired things to do at home!!!
Are you feeling the itch to travel, but are stuck at home? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’re sharing 17 fun and creative ways to satisfy your wanderlust without leaving your house.
From cooking up international cuisines to virtually exploring new destinations, these travel-inspired activities will have you feeling like a world traveler in no time. So pack your bags (metaphorically) and let’s get started on our virtual adventure!
Create a travel bucket list!
A travel bucket list is a great way to get inspired to explore new places. Whether you’re looking for ideas for your next vacation or just want to daydream about far-off lands, creating a travel bucket list is a fun way to fuel your wanderlust.
To get started, brainstorm a list of places you’ve always wanted to visit. This can be anywhere in the world, from big cities to small towns, beaches to mountains, or even just somewhere you’ve always wanted to see in person. Once you have your list of destinations, start researching each one. Find out what there is to see and do in each place, what the best time of year to visit is, and how to get there.
As you research each destination on your travel bucket list, start planning out your dream trip. Note down any must-see sights or activities, as well as any practical information like transportation and lodging options. Then all that’s left to do is start packing your bags and booking your tickets!
Read travel-inspired books
If you love to travel, there are plenty of ways to fuel your wanderlust from home! One great way is to read travel-inspired books. Whether it’s a novel set in your dream destination or a non-fiction book about someone’s amazing journey, reading can transport you to far-off places.
Here are a few of our favorite travel-inspired reads:
Travel-inspired things to do at home!
• “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho – This classic novel tells the story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure as extravagant as any ever found.
• “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed – After her mother’s death and her own divorce, Cheryl Strayed decides to hike the 1,100-mile Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert to Washington State. This memoir chronicles her arduous yet transformative journey.
• “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert – In this bestseller, Gilbert chronicles her year spent traveling the world after a difficult divorce. She spends four months in Italy learning how to make pasta, eight months in India seeking spiritual enlightenment, and four months in Indonesia finding a balance between pleasure and spirituality.
These are just a few of the many great travel-inspired books out there! So grab one (or a few) off your shelf and settle in for an inspiring read.
Create a photo book or scrapbook with all your travel pictures
A photo book or scrapbook is a great way to relive your travel memories and keep your wanderlust alive until your next adventure. To create your own travel-inspired photo book or scrapbook, start by gathering all of your favorite travel photos. Once you have all of your pictures, choose a format for your book or scrapbook. You can go with a traditional bound book, a loose-leaf album, or even an online scrapbook.
Once you have chosen your format, it’s time to start creating! Begin by deciding on a theme for your book or scrapbook. This could be based on a specific trip you took, highlights from multiple trips, or even just general travel moments that you want to remember. Once you have settled on a theme, start arranging your photos in the order you want them to appear. Add captions and journaling to tell the story of each photo and help bring your memories to life.
Finally, don’t forget to add some decorative touches to make your photo book or scrapbook extra special. This could include things like maps, ticket stubs, postcards, and anything else that reminds you of your travels. With a little bit of effort, you can create a beautiful tribute to all the places you’ve been and the adventures you’ve had – without even leaving home!
Watch travel movies or documentaries
If you can’t travel right now, the next best thing is to watch travel movies or documentaries. This is a great way to fuel your wanderlust and get inspired for future trips. There are so many great travel films out there, from classic documentaries like National Geographic’s “Africa” to modern hits like “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.” Whatever your taste, you’re sure to find a travel movie that will get you excited about exploring the world.
Cook your favorite international dish(es)
1. Cook your favorite international dish(es): What’s your favorite international dish? Maybe it’s something as simple as tacos or pad Thai. Or maybe it’s something a little more complicated, like a traditional Italian lasagna or French ratatouille. Whatever it is, take some time to cook your favorite international dish at home. Not only will it be a delicious way to fuel your wanderlust, but you might also learn a thing or two about another culture in the process!
Watch the sunrise or sunset in your neighborhood
There’s something special about watching the sunrise or sunset. Maybe it’s the beauty of the colors in the sky, or the peacefulness of knowing that the day is coming to an end. Whatever it is, there’s no doubt that it’s a moment worth savoring.
If you’re lucky enough to live in a place where you can see the sun rise or set, take advantage of it! Make a point to watch at least one sunrise or sunset each week. It doesn’t matter if you’re outside on your deck, at the beach, or even just looking out your window – as long as you’re taking a moment to appreciate the natural beauty around you.
Improve your photography skills
If you’re missing your adventures and are feeling antsy to explore, there are plenty of travel-inspired things you can do at home! One great way to scratch that wanderlust itch is by improving your photography skills.
Moreover, with all the time we’re spending at home, now is the perfect opportunity to hone your craft and learn how to capture those special moments on camera. And, who knows? Maybe you’ll even develop a new hobby that you can take with you on future adventures.
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Find your style. What type of photos do you want to take? So, do you prefer landscapes or portraits? Candid shots or posed? Once you know what kind of photos you like taking, it will be easier to find subjects and practice your technique.
2. Invest in some quality equipment. Moreover, a good camera and lens will make a world of difference in the quality of your photos. But don’t worry, you don’t need the most expensive gear to get started – just something that suits your needs and budget.
3. Get out there and start shooting! The best way to improve your photography skills is by getting practice behind the lens. So go exploring, both near and far, and document all the amazing things you see along the way.
4. Be patient and keep learning. Photography is a lifelong journey, so enjoy the ride! Don’t be afraid to experiment, make mistakes, and try…
Travel-inspired things to do at home!
travel-inspired things to do at home!
Learn a new language
Learning a new language is one of the most rewarding things you can do, and it’s never been easier with all of the resources that are available online. Not only will you be able to communicate with people from all over the world, but you’ll also get a better understanding of other cultures.
Moreover, there are plenty of reasons to learn a new language. But if you’re looking for some travel inspiration, here are a few:
1. Learning a new language will help you connect with people from other cultures.
2. It can help you better understand the world around you.
3. Speaking a foreign language can make traveling more enjoyable.
4. It can open up new job opportunities, especially in the travel industry.
5. Learning a new language can be an incredibly enriching experience.
Read More: Why YOU Should Travel the World-Reasons?
Plan your future trip – collect ideas and find inspiration
If you’ve been feeling the itch to travel but can’t quite justify the expense or time commitment, don’t despair! There are plenty of ways to get your wanderlust fix right at home. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Travel-inspired things to do at home!
1. Plan your future trip – collect ideas and find inspiration: Start by brainstorming where you’d like to go and what you’d like to do. Not sure where to start? So, check out travel blogs, and websites like Lonely Planet, or even just flip through a few old magazines for inspiration. Once you have a destination in mind, start collecting ideas and information about things to do, places to stay, etc. This will not only help kill time while you’re stuck at home, but it will also make your future trip that much more enjoyable (and stress-free!)
2. Learn about the culture and cuisine of your chosen destination: What better way to get excited about a trip than by learning about the culture and cuisine of your chosen destination? Pick up a few cookbooks or search online for recipes from the area you’ll be visiting. So, if you’re interested in the history and culture behind the food, look for books or articles on that topic as well. You can even try your hand at making some traditional dishes at home!
3. Get creative with DIY travel projects: From making your own “scratch-off” world map to creating a photo album full of memories from past trips (or even just dreams).
Explore your own town on foot or by bike
However, there’s no need to spend a fortune on airfare or hotels to feel the wanderlust bug. Get up and explore your own town! Walking or biking are great ways to get some exercise while taking in the sites of your community. Check out that new cafe you’ve been meaning to try or finally visit that museum you always see but never have time for. So, seeing your town with new eyes can be a refreshing and enlightening experience.
We hope you enjoyed our list of travel-inspired things to do at home! Whether you’re looking for ways to fuel your wanderlust or simply want to add a bit of adventure to your everyday life, these activities are sure to do the trick.
So, don’t forget to check back next week for our next installment of the series: “50 States, 50 Activities: A State-by-State Guide to Fun at Home!”
- Benefits Of Booking Your Travel Through An Agency!
- What Do Travel Agencies Offer?
- Couples Travel Quotes For Adventure Lovers!
- Going On A Trip? Don’t Forget To Prepare These Things
- Different Types Of Travel Agencies!
- Why YOU Should Travel the World-Reasons?
- Why People Do Traveling A Lot?
- 6 Useful Tips for Planning a Fun and Unforgettable Girls Trip
- Cheapest Day To Book A Vacation Package?
- Short Quotes On Travel To Inspire Your Journeys!