Today, many people are opting to root their phones. This is because rooting gives you access to a whole new world of apps that can be installed on your device.
There are very good reasons for this, but most people decide to root their phone to install Xposed Framework on it, which makes customizing your phone much easier.
The good news is that rooting your LG Stylo 2 can be done without a computer. It will take longer than doing it with a laptop, but the process is still quite simple. You don’t need any special tools or equipment, just some patience and free time.
Rooting an Android device gives you more control over your device and install apps requiring root permissions. If you want to know how to root LG Stylo 2 without a computer, this step-by-step guide will help you do it easily 100%.
How To Root LG Stylo 2 Without Computer
- To root your LG Stylo 2, you have to install TWRP recovery on it. TWRP, a custom recovery tool that allows you to flash custom firmware on your phone differently.img files and backup the current system of your phone.
- You must ensure your phone is backed up and the battery is more than 80%.
- Unlock Bootloader for the phone to download TWRP Recovery.
- Then download and install KingoRoot.apk and root it. You can do this by booting the device into recovery mode. This procedure is done by pressing the Volume Up + Power button together while switching on your phone.
What Is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of removing software limitations imposed by the manufacturer. Rooting can be done with or without unlocking your Bootloader (which remains completely optional).
Once you root, you will install custom recovery images, flash custom ROMs or modify system files.
Rooting can install custom firmware such as Cyanogen Mod or even install Xposed Framework to use various mods and tweaks for your phone.
You’ll also have access to the Google Play store to download and install various apps like AdAway, Greenify, Titanium Backup, etc.
Rooting is the act of gaining access to privileged control (known as “superuser” or root) on a device. This allows you to make changes to system files and settings that normal users cannot modify.
Rooting has become one of the most important reasons people buy smartphones like HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG, and Motorola.
The process for rooting varies from phone to phone. Hence you need to know which smartphone you are using before rooting it.
This allows you to change the default applications, install custom ROMs, overclocking and underclocking, etc.
Since there are many different Android phones out there, there are also many different ways to root them.
The easiest way is usually just using a one-click rooting program that will do it all for you, but if you want more control over the whole process, you have to follow some tutorials on how to root.
It’s essentially the process in which Android users can unlock access to all of the operating system’s potential by gaining root privileges on their device.
While it may sound scary, especially for those not technically savvy, rooting isn’t as difficult as you might think. Rooting your Android device doesn’t even require a PC or a laptop.
However, before you proceed with the instructions below and root your phone, keep in mind that this will void your warranty, and other risks are involved.
Things You Need To Know about LG Stylo 2
There are a lot of smartphone users who have been using the LG Stylo 2. There is no doubt that the phone has upgraded features and there are many things that you can do with it.
As we know that LG is a very well-known and popular brand in the field of mobile devices. This Korean giant has brought many new and advanced mobile phones with different features.
LG Stylo 2 is the latest in the series of stylus enhanced smartphones in the market. With these smartphones, users can easily take notes, draw or edit photos using a stylus pen.
The phone has many other features that make it stand out from other phones in its price range.
The phone comes with a stylus that makes it ideal for people who prefer simplicity over complexity. The device meets all your needs without adding any additional complications to your life.
The LG Stylo 2 was released in February 2016 by AT&T. An external SD card with a storage capacity of up to 256 GB is required. It can be inserted into the dedicated slot to expand the memory.
The phone has two cameras, one at the back with 8 MP resolution and another for selfies with 5 MP resolution.
The camera has many features, and not only can it take great pictures, but you can add creative filters to your photos by taking advantage of the stylus’s pressure sensitivity.
Process Of Rooting LG Stylo 2 Without Computer
To root your LG Stylo 2, you have to install TWRP recovery on it. TWRP, a custom recovery that allows you to flash differently.img files and backup the current system of your phone.
Be sure you have enough battery life left in your device. If the phone is about to die when starting this procedure, it may not turn on after rooting.
Either charge your phone or plug it into a power outlet before starting. You must install the correct drivers for your Android device on your computer before connecting it with the
The other thing you need to do is make sure that your data is backed up before starting this process. During the rooting process, all of your data will be erased.
Step-by-step process of rooting your LG Stylo 2 without a computer:
- Unlock the Bootloader of your device so that you can install TWRP recovery on your phone. First, unlock your device’s Bootloader by going into Settings > About phone> Software Information and clicking 7-8 times on Build number. This will enable Developer options under Settings.
- Now go back to Settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging (if not enabled already).
- Once you have installed TWRP recovery on your phone, download SuperSU from Play Store and flash it via TWRP Recovery.
- Download and install KingoRoot.apk.
- Start rooting using the “Kingo ROOT” app. You can do this by booting the device into recovery mode. This by pressing the Volume Up + Power button together while switching on your phone.
- After a few moments of waiting and it’s done!
Benefits Of Rooting Your Phone!
- Rooting allows you to remove apps that are taking up too much space on your phone’s internal storage. After being granted root access; otherwise, it will fail because of security permissions that prevent the process.
- Rooting your phone will allow you to completely control the software running on your device so that you can customize pretty much anything!
- Rooting your Android device opens up a world of possibilities. It allows you to tweak your phone’s settings extensively, install apps that require root access, and perform other tasks that are usually out of reach for normal users.
- Rooting will eliminate ads on your device’s lock screen.
- Some applications will no longer be able to access data from other apps.
- You can even block specific apps from running or limit their ability to access certain features or data.
- Rooting also lets you get rid of bloatware that comes pre-installed on many phones by the manufacturer or cellular.
What Are The Risks Of Rooting Your Device?
- It is common knowledge that rooting means getting elevated permissions on Android phones. For instance, when somebody roots their phone, they can access all files in the internal storage even though they aren’t supposed to.
- Not only can you accidentally break your device if you don’t know what you’re doing, but malicious apps have been known to abuse root permissions for nefarious purposes.
- Rooting violates your device’s warranty, so if you don’t want to risk it, don’t do it. If something goes wrong with the device after rooting, you will be responsible for fixing it yourself.
- It could make the device unstable, remove some of its functionality, and risk bricking it completely if you don’t follow instructions correctly.
Rooting your LG Stylo 2 is a good idea if you want to get the most out of your device. It can be done easily, and there are plenty of advantages that come from roots.
The rooting process can be complicated for those who don’t often, but the LG Stylo 2 is an easy device to root. You should not have any problems.
If you’re having any issues with rooting your phone, we recommend that you Google the problem and see if other people have had similar problems and how they fixed them.