Cloud storage is a trend that will be very popular soon. A lot of services are already providing their users with this type of service.
Many people are moving from personal cloud storage to a cloud storage service that is more secure, reliable, and easy to use.
MEGA cloud storage is the new standard when it comes to keeping your files safe from prying eyes.
While most companies sell their services on encrypting data, the reality is that they can’t guarantee 100% safety for your files. It’s important to realize that even the best encryption isn’t going to keep out cybercriminals.
Over the last few years, cloud storage has been gaining popularity. But from a storage point of view, the concept always seems to be lacking something – security and reliability. And this has lead to wonder,
Is MEGA Safe?
MEGA is an excellent cloud storage service, but it’s not perfect. The most important thing you should keep in mind is that nothing in information technology is 100% secure.
As long as you use a strong password and enable two-factor authentication, your data will be safe with MEGA.
The MEGA Cloud Storage Service
The MEGA cloud storage service is a revolutionary platform that sets itself apart from other cloud services by offering users greater security and reliability for file-sharing purposes.
If you have a lot of photos, videos, music, and documents that you want to store online securely, you need to look no further than Mega.
Mega is a cloud storage service developed by the New Zealand-based company Mega Limited.
It was launched in 2013 following the Megaupload shutdown in 2012 by the US Department of Justice on allegations of copyright infringement.
The site’s shutdown has been one of the most controversial events recently, as thousands of users lost their valuable data and were unable to access it again.
This time around, Kim Dotcom, the founder, was determined to go above and beyond MEGA’s encryption methods.
MEGA is a free cloud storage service that gives you 50GB of secure online storage space.
You can use this space to backup all your essential files, photos, and videos, as well as share them with friends, family, or the whole world. MEGA gives you control over who sees your stuff.
You are the only person who can see your encrypted data on our servers. This means that no one else will know what’s inside your account unless you give them the password.
And even if someone guesses your password, they won’t be able to decrypt it. MEGA cloud storage service is considered the third-largest in the world.
MEGA is a browser-based cloud hosting service that allows you to store your data; the MEGA has a sleek interface and easy-to-use features, including sharing options, automatic syncing across devices, and more.
To give its customers more options for preserving their data, Mega has also integrated support for third-party encryption.
How Do You Use MEGA?
It gives you 50 GB of free storage space to start with, allows you to purchase more storage space if you need it, and allows you to transfer files of up to 5 TB in size.
The interface works similar to that of Dropbox or Google Drive, allowing you to access your files from any computer that has an internet connection.
It’s an excellent way for businesses to store their documents online, as well as a personal tool. Once installed on your computer, Mega allows you to view files from the cloud and lets you upload them at any time.
It uses encryption to protect your files from being hacked and comes with apps for every device to make it easy to access your data on the go.
The Features Of MEGA
Here are some of the key features that make MEGA one of the world’s most popular cloud storage services:
- Free 50 GB for all new accounts; upgrade to Pro plan and get 1 TB for $12/month.
- 24/7 customer support via TeamViewer or Skype.
- It is straightforward to use with a simple interface and provides end-to-end encryption for all files.
- Unlike other cloud storage services, it does not require personal information such as your name or email address.
- Instant chat and video conferencing.
- It also featured a wholly overhauled mobile app that gives users easy access to their files from any device.
- An automatic private encryption key that’s unique to each user.
- Facilitates sharing folders with other users, streaming music and video hosted on MEGA through the web player or third-party applications such as VLC Player or YouTube, downloading entire folders in ZIP format.
How Is MEGA Different Than Other Cloud Storage Services?
Mega is a cloud storage service, similar to Dropbox and Google Drive.
- The encryption used by Mega is different from the others in three ways: It uses more robust algorithms, implements “perfect forward secrecy,” and allows you to use your password instead of the same password for every account you create.
- The difference between Mega and Dropbox is that Mega doesn’t require any signups or logins. You can download their software to get started.
- It offers 50GB of free storage to all users (box charges $10 per month for 50GB). This price includes bandwidth, and there is no limit to how much data you can upload in any given month. You can also access your files from any device or computer.
- The users can also buy one terabyte of space for just $200 per year, which is relatively cheap compared to other online storage services like Dropbox that cost $9.99/month for just 100 GB!
Security Concerns With MEGA
The new Mega cloud storage solution has a lot of security concerns.
They claim that this is more than just secure cloud storage because they have developed a way to encrypt files in multiple ways.
While independent experts have verified the security, there are still some concerns about using Mega in your company.
Mega might not be as secure as you’d like it to be since the encryption keys are entirely in the user’s hands.
This means that if someone does manage to hack into your account (which can happen through various channels, including email phishing scams), they will have access to all of your data.
Unlike services like Dropbox, which encrypts your data automatically and provides you with two-factor authentification methods.
How Safe Is Mega?
The purpose of encryption is to protect personal information from being viewed or accessed by anyone other than the user who uploaded the data.
The encryption code for MEGA was poorly implemented because it could be worked around with relative ease.
This flaw made it possible for hackers to gain access to private data without too much difficulty.
While Mega did fix this issue after it was brought up, concerns were already raised about how it could stay that way.
Is It Free?
Free account holders receive 20 GB of storage. Additional storage can be activated through various “enrollments” but cannot be used after a certain period (after 365 days)
There are no maximum storage limits for paid account holders. Each paid account has a maximum storage limit of 8 TB.
Does Mega Keep Logs?
Does mega keep logs? No, they do not. Mega only stores the user hashes, which are used to verify their identity.
Mega does not track your IP address or any personal information. This means that there’s no way to identify you as a user of our service, nor can we see what files you’re storing on your account.
The most important part of privacy is protecting users’ identities, which is why they only require an email address to create an account.
There are no restrictions on using a free email provider – such as Gmail – which will hide your registration from prying eyes.
The first thing is that Mega does keep logs of all the users, but only for 30 days. This means that if you have issues with your account, they can find out what happened in the last month.
The good thing is that you don’t have to worry about your past activities being monitored by anyone.
Pros Of MEGA
- The most significant advantage is that you can use it from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- It’s an excellent service. It allows users to share files with friends and family at no cost or hassle because they need a link.
- The MEGA file-sharing system creates a link that the recipient can click to download the file directly from their servers, unlike other services.
- It is the first cloud storage service to offer free, secure, and encrypted cloud storage. The MEGA Chrome extension lets you easily save files from your browser directly to the MEGA cloud.
- It’s the only primary cloud storage provider to offer client-side encryption, meaning that your data is encrypted before it leaves your device.
- MEGA allows users to store and share files up to 5TB in size, considerably more than most other cloud storage services. With this feature, it has become extremely popular among business and individual users who work with large images or video files.
Limitations Of MEGA
- Some users experience problems with the service, system outages ranging from slow upload speeds to unexpected data loss.
Overall, MEGA seems like a good cloud storage service. It has tons of features and excellent security options, but not quite as many as its competitors.
If you are looking for something affordable with more advanced features, you might want to check out another service.