Minecraft is arguably one of the best video games, allowing you to enhance your creative instincts, nurture your problem-solving capabilities, and educate yourselves through the use of a variety of weapons and tools.
The efficiency of each tool heightens as you utilize several enchantments, which happen to be an integral component of the game.
These enchantments are best known for their ability to make your gaming experience much richer and easier.
One of the most sought-after and desirable enchantments in Minecraft is Silk Touch, which helps you to collect the same kinds of blocks while mining. Simply put, it allows you to gather more blocks than you could otherwise have.
The best way to get your hands on the Silk Touch enchantment is through trading and enchanting. You can achieve this by simply placing the bookshelves a block away from where your enchanting table is placed.
Silk Touch can also be received if you trade with the villagers, who, in turn, can enchant several items for you.
The Silk Touch enchantment can be used for picking an array of items, ranging from shovels and shears to hoes and axes, thereby getting you quick access to everything you need to beautify your house.
Did you know that in the previous version of Minecraft, getting a huge number of blocks such as ores, stones, glasses, and the grass was quite a challenging task! Luckily, for all the Minecraft enthusiasts, the Silk Touch enchantment has sure made your gaming endeavor a lot more trouble-free.
This article will walk you through every detail about how to get Silk Touch in Minecraft, along with the whopping list of reasons why this enchantment is the perfect addition to your gameplay!
As we mentioned, the Silk Touch enchantment helps you fetch items like grass, ores, glass panes, stones, and more. In order to reap all the benefits, it’s important that you level up to this enchantment. The maximum power level for Silk Touch stands at Level 1.
To enchant your items with Silk Touch, you must have enchanted at least 6 times before. This prerequisite only applies to the Silk Touch enchantment.
Another way to obtain this enchantment in Minecraft is through maximum experience points for your tool, in which, the minimum level ranges between 20 to 30 experience points.
If you are a gaming freak like us, then we bet you know what difference the Silk Touch enchantment can make for your tools. Although it is one of the rarest enchantments in the game, you can still get it through trading with the villagers, and enchanting.
Furthermore, you can also fetch this enchantment by discovering a Silk Touch book by fishing, looting, or inside the chests.
Keep scrolling, because below, we are going to discuss some of the greatest ways to get Silk Touch in Minecraft at length. It is up to you to choose whichever method best meets your requirements.
The ‘Enchant Command’ method is probably the quickest and most suitable way to get Silk Touch in Minecraft. The exact command is:
/enchant @p silk_touch 1
Or, you can follow the steps listed below to get Silk Touch in Minecraft:
- Put up a pickaxe on the enchanting table.
- Go through the Level 30 enchantments. Go ahead in case it’s Silk Touch. Otherwise, you’ll have to perform a Level 1 enchantment on a book.
- Check for Silk Touch on pick once again, and keep repeating the aforementioned steps till you find your desired enchantment.
Another great method to get Silk Touch in Minecraft is mentioned below. For that, you will need to:
- Look for an unemployed villager and put up a lectern near him.
- Once he turns into a librarian, you will receive an offer of trading the enchanted book.
- Avail of the same opportunity till you get your hands on the Silk Touch book.
- You can even try constantly breaking and replacing the lectern to get Silk Touch, and even reset the offers stated by the librarians.
You can go with another fantastic method that is sure to get you Silk Touch in Minecraft. Follow these steps:
- Head to the enchanting table.
- Simultaneously add the bookshelves and ensure that you place all of them a block higher to where your enchanting table is placed.
- If required, reset all the enchantments and transfer them to your slot.
- Subsequently, you will find Silk Touch in your inventory, that you can further use in your game.
Wondering What’s The Easiest Method to Get Silk Touch? Have a Look!
The easiest and most convenient way of getting Silk Touch in Minecraft is through Trading. It’s hassle-free and helps you find all the items you need to play the game. First, you need to collect all the raw materials listed below:
- One unemployed villager
- Four wooden slabs
- A bookshelf
After getting your hands on all the items, follow all the steps that we’ve lined up for you below:
- Locate a fresh, unemployed villager, and get a lectern.
- You can either obtain the lectern or curate it through a bookshelf and four wooden slabs.
- Now, locate the villager and check your inventory to confirm if the villager is performing his duty.
- In case your inventory is not offering you the book, you can always break the lectern and substitute a new one instead.
- Keep repeating all the steps until you find the book you want.
- Once you get your desired book, use it to get a Silk Touch.
In case you’re wondering how to craft your own lectern, follow these simple steps:
- Take four wooden slabs.
- Use your 3 x 3 crafting table.
- Place three wooden slabs in the first row of the grid.
- Now, set up the bookshelf in the middlemost slot.
- Fill the remaining wooden slab on the bookshelf, and that’s how you’ll get the lectern!
How to Make the Best Out of Silk Touch?
All the pro-level gamers regard Silk Touch as one of the most valuable enchantments in Minecraft. Its immediate purpose is to collect a variety of items to decorate and enliven your Minecraft house. Additionally, it also serves a broad spectrum of purposes, some of which are listed below:
- It collects and stores various resources to be used in the future.
- It helps to attain blocks that are otherwise difficult to fetch.
- It helps to collect ender chests, cobwebs, mushroom blocks, grass, and glass.
- It allows you to craft glow stones.
- It is capable of allowing you to move the blocks without having them break.
- It also lets you make a wall out of diamond ores.
- You can use this enchantment to dodge dirt blocks, that you’d otherwise get without Silk Touch.
- It facilitates you to collect useful resources from ures.
- You can even mine the blocks with the help of Silk Touch.
How Do You Get Silk Touch Hands in Minecraft
In order to get Silk Touch hands in Minecraft, you have to use Ranboo’s power. It simultaneously allows you to get Silk Touch hands and gather multiple blocks for your house.
A player with the Silk Touch hands is alike someone who has Silk Touch enchantment in the Minecraft inventory.
Use different comments in your Minecraft inventory in order to get Silk Touch hands. However, you can only get them in case you use naked or bare hands. Follow the following steps for this purpose:
- Enable “Cheats” in the inventory slot.
- Use /tag <player > add silky_hands to enchant yourself.
- After choosing all the players to enchant them, use /tag @a add silky_hands.
Enchanting one of the other players’ parts is also a possibility with your Silk Touch hands. In fact, you can even use this method to remove a group of players or single players from your game.
Can You Get Silk Touch in Pixelmon?
Indeed! You can definitely get Silk Touch in Pixelmon. Basically, this is a Pokémon mode that is used in Minecraft. The Silk Touch enchantment in Pixelmon fills your Minecraft world with Pokémon, which you can further store, collect, or fight.
In order to get them working, you will have to get Pixelmon activated within the Minecraft world. Here’s what you need to do:
- It’s crucial to install the Forge version 1.12.2 to get Minecraft mods.
- Skip Step 1 in case you already have it in your gameplay, and directly head to Pixelmon generations.
- Visit the Pixelmon website and begin downloading the mod.
- Subsequently, download the best Pixelmon version.
- Once you are done, check out the Downloads folder and look for “Mods.”
- In case you do not have this folder, you can always go ahead and create it yourself.
- Drag and place the Pixelmon you downloaded in this folder.
- Then, utilize the enchant command that will get you Silk Touch in Pixelmon.
- Select “Forge,” which you will find beside your Play button.
That’s it, folks! You have now successfully gotten your hands on Silk Touch in Pixelmon.
Some of The Best Tools For Silk Touch Enchantment
The Silk Touch enchantment is specific to a few of your weapons and tools. While most players might locate them by sheer luck, many others have to manually add them to their inventory. Check out the following tools you can use Silk Touch for:
Silk Touch in the Minecraft world offers the best compatibility with a pickaxe. The hierarchy of how well the tools are suited to this enactment is as follows (in ascending order):
Hoe < Axe < Shovel < Pickaxe
Pro tip: Using this enchantment with other enchantments is always a good idea! For instance, try using Efficiency V along with Silk Touch to get your players to dig out gravel and grass quickly.
Benefits of Using Silk Touch Pickaxe
As a player, you can enjoy a wide range of benefits from this extraordinary enchantment. Silk Touch can be used for different purposes, some of which are:
- Time Saver
A pickaxe that is enchanted with the Silk Touch enchantment allows you to fetch stones directly, instead of receiving cobblestones. This saves you heaps of times that you would have earlier used to smelt them to pick out your desired stones.
The pickaxe enchanted by Silk Touch is greatly used to mine soft and delicate items.
- Sourcing Original Blocks
It also helps you drop the blocks without having to juggle them.
- Fetch Unattainable Blocks
A number of blocks in Minecraft are unattainable. However, with the pickaxe enchanted by Silk Touch, you can easily get your hands on them to elevate your gameplay.
- Makes Your Minecraft World More Attractive
As we mentioned before, it also lets you craft a glass wall to be added to your Minecraft house, thereby making it more captivating.
- Convenient Relocation
It is also possible to switch the position of tiny items and structures to your chosen place with the Silk Touch pickaxe.